Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Response to "One Eye Open"

Although I’ve never managed to sleep with one eye open, I can relate to the Maria Sabida “macho” attitude that the author calls her comadre. I’ve never tricked a leader of thieves and murderers but I have managed to talk my way out of a speeding ticket.

My favorite part of the essay was when the author was explaining to her tired students that it is possible to find a safe place to write, even if it means that you have to wake up at the crack of dawn. And I can relate, because guess what time it is right now? 6:29am. Does anyone know where you can get sleep inducing figs?

I thought it was hilarious that it took a malicious stabbing for the thief-husband to realize that Maria was the perfect match for him. I hope that any self-realization that I have will take sufficiently less violence.

3 Comments:

At September 14, 2004 at 10:25 AM, Blogger ThePinkWriter said...

I do agree! Sometimes, the only time I can find to write is late at night or as soon as I get up in the morning. It takes a little time off my sleep, but if I want time to write, then I must lose some of that sleep and get up and write! I hope Maria and the Theif's relationship is not this violent all the time! Great Ideas!

 
At September 14, 2004 at 10:42 AM, Blogger sowrite said...

I'm impressed...you need to let the rest of us know exactly what you said when you managed to talk your way out of that speeding ticket!

Seriously, thank you for your humorous comments this early in the morning.

 
At September 14, 2004 at 11:05 AM, Blogger dancin on stars said...

Sometimes I forget what sleep is like. Thanks for a funny entry to brighten this early morning!! Keep talking your way out of those tickets!! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home